Since ages past, Turmeric has been used for myriad purposes, ranging from being a culinary spice, an important component in our religious ceremonies, and of course, one of the most versatile natural healers. Widely used in ancient Indian and Chinese medicine for its anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting properties, Turmeric is now finding its way as a modern-day natural panacea.
The main active ingredient in Turmeric is ‘Curcumin’, and the best-way to reap its long-term health benefits is to consume it every day in foods and beverages. However, in spite of being so loaded with benefits, Turmeric is not very effective when consumed directly because the bioavailability (the natural ability of the nutrient to get absorbed and used by the body.) of curcumin is very low. In light of this, one of the most convenient ways to benefit from the goodness of curcumin are to consume it in the form of Turmeric tea. Inspired to incorporate healthy living into our lives, we’ve come up with a blend of Green Tea that contains Cinnamon as well as Turmeric, maximizing its health benefits and making it your go-to brew to sip all year through. Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits that are known to be associated with daily consumption of our Turmeric Cinnamon Green Tea.
- Anti-inflammatory - As mentioned earlier, Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and hence is often used to provide relief to those with arthritis as it is known to reduce inflammation and stiffness of joints.
- Great for your skin - Thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, Turmeric is known to be an effective treatment for a variety of skin conditions, including acne and photoaging.
- Immunity booster - Curcumin has been proven to improve immune function and the combination of Turmeric with spices like Cinnamon gives you a brew that soothes and heals from within.
- Known to Improve heart health - Curcumin inhibits the oxidation of LDL (bad) Cholesterol, thus preventing the deposit of cholesterol on the walls of the blood vessels of the heart. Additionally, Cinnamon is known to increase levels of HDL (good) cholesterol, which helps improve your heart health by removing excess cholesterol from your blood vessels It is also known to regulate blood pressure, blood clotting, and ensure proper cardiac functioning.
- Known to aid in digestion - Curcumin is known to aid in the prevention and treatment of several digestive ailments. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of curcumin are also known to help alleviate stomach pain and improve liver function.
- Known to aid with blood sugar levels - Cinnamon may provide powerful antidiabetic effects by lowering blood sugar levels. This spice appears to act in a manner similar to that of insulin, the hormone responsible for shuttling sugar out of your bloodstream and into your tissues. Compounds found in Cinnamon may further contribute to lower blood sugar levels by lowering insulin resistance, thereby increasing insulin’s effectiveness.